Sunday, May 24, 2009

Racine, Wisconsin

Last week we drove the six hours to my hometown of Racine, Wisconsin. My parents were flying in for a wedding, and we thought it would be a good excuse for a vacation, to see family, and to show the boys where I grew up. We chose a hotel that had a pool so the boys could get some much needed swim time in.

This is in the bakery that we visited quite frequently when I was a little girl. My mom worked there as a teenager and once dated the man who owns it. Charlie is standing in front of a picture of my great-grandpa who was a baker at a different bakery.




DONUTS!!



The Racine Zoo is located right on Lake Michigan. It really is very pretty. It was a little chilly and very windy, but a trip to any zoo is always fun.




The boys got to feed two giraffes, so cool.





This was another childhood "hangout". Nelson's Dimestore. 'nough said.







No comments: