Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve

Happy 2009! (Here's to hoping 2009 is waaaaay better than 2008...)

For the second year in a row, we spent New Year's Eve up at the cabin in Greer Arizona. It was chilly and there was tons of snow to play in! Andy's family was with us up there as well. These pictures of Andy and I are of our annual "hat making contest" We all decorate crowns with any kind of material we can find and try to vote for the most creative or funniest one. This year was a blast (I think the competition gets a little more exciting the more we all drink!)






Charlie and his Aunt Pat made everyone Monkey Bread one morning. Boy oh boy it was delish!



Us "kids" went to a sledding hill on Friday morning. The boys loved it! The hill was too big for them to go down by themselves so Cooper went down with Andy and Charlie went with Uncle Brett. They must've gone down 700 times! Charlie covered his eyes most of the time and Cooper screamed "weeeeeee" every single time he went down.





































Andy, Alex, and Brett are all big time snowboarders. They created their own "ski run" outside of the cabin so they could all snowboard. They all had fun and we had a blast watching them. While the boys were at the top of the mountain creating their "ski run" I got bored and decided I would try to snowboard myself. I have skiied before (if any of you Ft. Wayne girls are reading this that comment should bring a smile to your face...me skiing is quite funny and the first time I went was hysterical!) Anyways, I hopped on Andy's snowboard made my own "trail" and went to town! It was actually way easier than skiing. I didn't strap in because every time I got nervous I just jumped out of the board and sent it down the hill by itself! I'm kind of excited to be able to go up again and try it some more! I'm gonna give those boys a run for their money...
Video on the top: Alex
Video in the middle:Brett
Video on the bottom: Andy




2 comments:

Kat M said...

How fun!!! That is so wonderful that you guys had such a great time. All that playing in the snow looks SO fun.

jessica said...

greer is such a cool place never been but my family has.. now i am mad i never went...WAH!!!! anyways happy new year to your cute family